If you are in the process of transforming your business, this is the right time to explore 3D printing. Industrial 3D printing is in fashion and is used in many industries to print essential items faster at affordable rates. Even complex shapes can be obtained and uploaded to a computer using a 3D digital file and printed layer by layer into a usable object. So, if you are in the process of buying a 3D printer, we present a small guide on how to buy the best industrial 3D printer here.
Industrial 3D printing is a boon for many businesses because it allows flexibility and customisation. Ideally, this process is the opposite of traditional or subtractive manufacturing, where a product is cut from the material. 3D printing produces less waste and allows the customisation of every output to be present and released on the market. Most 3D printed models are prepared for printing with the use of the slicing method. But if you find some challenges in finding the ideal printer, you need to read further into this blog.
Find out your NeedsUnderstanding your business needs will determine your printer selection criteria. Whether you are planning to buy a large resin printer or a desktop printer, you have to be certain about your needs. According to Vantage Market Research, the Global 3D Printer Market will generate $35.36 billion in revenue at an 18% CAGR. These figures show the market size of 3D printing in the UK has increased over the last few years. If you have made up your mind to buy a 3D printer, you should check some case studies and then analyse your needs so that you can properly understand 3D printing technology.
Once you have selected a manufacturer, you can request sample prints that reflect the complexity of the design, check the factors that contribute to the cost, and make investment decisions accordingly. In return, the manufacturer should provide you with a report to accompany your sample print by taking information like material cost and additional equipment you need. In addition to this, here are some more tips for buying a 3D printer.
A Guide to Purchasing an Industrial 3D Printer
1. It is essential to look for well-defined features to have a better 3D printing experience. You should look for things like touchscreen user interfaces, dual filament support, and heated glass beds. Furthermore, building volume and room to print can make your printer worth the investment. Even 3D printers with safety features are good and well-designed. For example, you can choose a printer that might cool the nozzle away from the object when you stop printing to save the printer from heat damage.
2. Quality Don’t forget to choose a high-quality printer. You need to consider two essential things: print resolution and print speed. The smaller the print resolution, the higher the level of detail in the objects you may create. On the other hand, print speed measures how fast the printer can move its extruder. But several other features also determine the print speed, like the acceleration and deceleration of the printer.
3. Cost - The quality of the output determines the cost of a professional printer. If you are just starting with 3D printing, you can start with a cheap model priced as low as $100.
4. Material - Polylactic acid (PLA) and acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) are the most common materials used in 3D printing.
5. They have similar properties in that they become soft when heated and frozen when cooled. You should know whether the printer you buy will accept these materials or not.
3D printers are more affordable than before, but you should make the right choice. Knowing a few tips before buying a printer for your business helps prototyping and printing better products.
If you do not want to buy the best large format 3D printer, you can get the in-house service of a reputed additive manufacturing service.
Evo 3D is committed to its customers and has experience with different manufacturing brands. So, get priority assistance now!