Automation is the key to growth and development for many companies. That is why business process automation is the hottest trend right now. It eliminates the manual execution of repetitive tasks and human intervention. Essentially, it improves work efficiency and reduces the manual execution of repetitive tasks.
Thus, improving workplace efficiency, minimising costs and reducing employee hiring cost. Artificial Intelligence (AI) can process a large amount of complex data in a short time, which is why it is now available in different sectors.
What is Artificial Intelligence?Artificial intelligence (AI) is the latest buzzword right now, and many of us still do not know what AI is and how it works. It is a set of technologies that enable computers to perform different tasks like the ability to see and understand spoken and written language, analyse data, make recommendations and more. Artificial intelligence technology can analyse data and complete tasks to improve work processes. Some AI experts say that it is a technology that thinks and learns like a human being.
AI has a lot to offer to 3D printer users. It can mitigate or eliminate the limitations of human thinking while operating 3D printers. AI has the full potential to make the most out of additive manufacturing and eliminate incidents of failed printing operations and software failures. We are elaborating on the roles and advantages of Artificial Intelligence.
Role of Artificial Intelligence in Additive Manufacturing
1. Detects Defect- Without explicit print preparation and constant monitoring, every print job results can backfire. Sometimes, even the most stringent preparation process is not enough. In such a case Al can come to your rescue. It can leverage data from thousands of previous print runs quickly to identify possible flaws and mistakes in printer settings. Even, some AI-enabled cameras can monitor a 3D printer’s chamber to rule out a print error. When it finds a print error, it can pause the machine and send a notification to the operator to save time and print material.
2. Improved workflows- 3D printing is not an easy process and it is more than sending a CAD file. 3D printing workflow can get extremely complex. All you need to do is consider the printer’s uptime, calculate and send quotes and choose the right material and printing technology. AI can crunch data and do complex calculations faster than humans. Although it is not possible to completely automate the 3D printing workflow. Somehow, AI can make the process faster.
3. New Materials- Creating new materials for 3D printing is not an easy process. It is essential to find the right mix of constituent materials and then combine them in a ratio that renders a delicate process. AI can process large amounts of data only to and discover ideal material combinations and ratios. That way manufacturers can roll out materials faster and save money in the design process.
4. Fast part optimisation- Additive manufacturing can create geometries which are not possible with traditional tools. Discovering geometries with the least amount of material is difficult and costly.
5. Streamline the process- AI can make the 3D printing process faster and smoother. Businesses can use AI-powered software to analyse part CAD files and discover optimal results with it.
The more parts these software solutions process, the better they become at it. It will increase business productivity instantly.
ConclusionArtificial Intelligence (AI) has everything to offer to every business, regardless of size and industry. If you use a large format FDM printer at your operation, you stand a benefit in the long run.
The key to a successful implementation of 3D printing technology is partnering with the right 3D printing service provider. At Evo 3D, you get everything you ever want to streamline your business operation. So, choose artificial intelligence in 3D printing to reduce human error and improve overall workflows.