Using 3D printing in education has received a lot of interest recently. 3D printing in education is all about rendering objects from the computer screen to the real, physical world- and into the hands of students for inspection, analysis and hands-on experience. In this blog, we will tell you how a 3D printer, specifically Ultimaker S5 is used in education. 3D printing is one of the great ways to help teachers experiment and students learn with hands-on -experience. With 3D printers, teachers can convert theoretical concepts into practical ones so that students can learn in a more informative way. With the help of 3D modelling, it is possible to bring any educational project of science, math, and history to life. As per MakerBot, the use of 3D printing has shown significant growth in education and remote learning in recent years. As per the survey, 57% of educational professionals claimed that they used 3D printing for problem-based learning projects to increase engagement.
3D Printing in Education3D printing works by starting with a digital model in a 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) file to create a physical three-dimensional object. A slicer will then process a piece of software known as a “slicer”. The slicer scans an existing object -or an existing scan is used to produce thin 2-dimensional layers to produce a file with instructions for a 3D printer.
The 3D printer applies the required combination of raw materials (plastic, metal and rubber) ,and builds the object by adding one layer at a time according to the design criteria from the original CAD file.
No matter what you want to print, using 3D printing in education is one of the best things happen to you. Some brands like Ultimaker are leading in the world of education to promote learning across STEM subjects and empower the next generation of professionals. Ultimaker S5 pro offers the best-in-class technology to students. Inspire them to develop long-lasting skills across engineering, science and art. Here is how 3D printing technology is useful in education.
Ultimaker S5 3D Printer Uses in Education
1. Solving real-world problems - Today, almost every scientist and engineer is using 3D printing to solve various issues. If you introduce the same technology to students and introduce them to issues within the community, they will experiment and come up with unique solutions you have never imagined. It is one of the great ways to encourage teamwork and build problem-solving skills in students.
2. Build school friendships- 3D printing is a great way to build a strong camaraderie between students. When students come together to work on different projects, they overcome printing challenges together like raising funds for social causes and doing something better for their community. A friendly 3D printing competition is a great way to improve friendships among students and raise their morale.
3. Hands-on - experience- Do you want your students to learn about a mummy or ancient pyramid? If yes, introduce them to 3D printing and let them gain hands-on experience. Hands-on learning is the best way to teach kids life lessons compared to theory classes. Schools and colleges prepared to invest in 3D printing and modelling skills will earn a great reputation thereafter.
4. Engaging - Additive technology is still not readily available. However, it can greatly engage students who would be otherwise reluctant to participate and engage in innovative processes.
5. Innovators - 3D printing technology helps students become creators instead of relying on old methods. Instead of buying or using the someone's creation, students become inventors to create their solutions with 3D printing.
ConclusionThe growth of additive manufacturing is fueling the demand for this technology in education. It has significantly changed how students and teachers learn and experiment in the classroom through practical applications.
Furthermore, the key to better adoption of 3D printing technology relies bringing in the right partner to reach your full potential. Evo 3D services ensures that teachers are comfortable using 3D printing in classrooms and help students make exceptional careers with practical applications. So, choose a 3D Printer for education for a better future.